Sunday, 23 November 2014

More Courgette & Carrot Recipes

Courgette, Potato & Cheddar Soup
I've recently been posting about all of the meals that I make with carrots and courgettes but as much as I like them I'm always looking for new ways to cook to cook and so I was very happy to see this Courgette, Potato & Cheddar Soup recipe. The quantities for the recipe are quite high, and I don't like to make a bulk load until I've tested a recipe, so I will reduce these but I think it looks like a winner.

Spiced Carrot & Lentil Soup
I have made this Spiced Carrot & Lentil soup before but had completely forgotten about until stumbling apon it again and will defiantly be making it soon. The cumin seeds are very aromatic making it a perfect warmer for autumn and winter.

Veggie Shepard's Pie
A more substantial meal is this Veggie Shepard's Pie made from carrots, canned tomatoes, green lentils and sweet potato. It also asks for some grated cheddar cheese on top so would be good to have in the same week as the Courgette, Potato & Chedder soup.

Lentil Ragu
I think I love my Chicken Livers Ragu to much to stray but if you don't fancy livers or are veggie then this Lentil Ragu looks perfect. Having said I that it is also a good store-cuboard recipe as it only requires fresh carrots, onions, celery, garlic, some of which could be omitted or swapped with something else.


No comments: