Liver and Onion Yorkshire Pudding (think Toad in the Hole, but with liver)
This recipe feeds four (so just halve the ingredients and use a loaf tin - that's what I do)
1 large onion (just use a medium one for two)
Oil (the recipe says lard - but hey)
110g plain flour
1 large egg (use a small one for two)
150ml milk mixed with 150ml of water
1/4 teaspoon chopped thyme
Preheat oven to 220c (424f - gas mark 7)
1. Heat the oil (leave a teaspoon to one side) in the oven.
2. Whilst the oil heat, prep the batter.
3. Cut the liver into thin strips.
4. Fry the onion in the teaspoon of oil till soft.
5. Add the liver to the onion on a high heat.
6. Cook the liver.
7. Remove the tin form the oven and place the liver/onion into the tin and pour over the batter.
8. Cook for 35-40 mins.
Stream a variety of veg.