Friday, 20 April 2012

Perfect Red Lentil Soup

Red Lentil Soup
Last night I made the most delicious and simple Red Lentil Soup from 101 Cookbooks. I say perfect because the quantities the recipe gives are perfect, no I need to add a bit more of that, and so simple just onion, red lentils, brown rice, water or stock and 30 minutes on the hob.

I'm pretty sure the addition of a little brown rice is what makes it magic, instead of just being sludge as some lentils soups can be, it has texture. I topped mine with feta which gives a divine contrast with its sharp creaminess and homemade garlic croutons.

3 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

that sounds so good. I am making Lentil and Potato Stew for supper tonight, for some reason I can't copy and paste a link for you. It's from February 20th 2012 on my blog,

Gill

Mrs Bent said...

Thank you I'll have a look

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

In celebration of my 3rd year and 300th post, you and your dear readers are invited to enter my anniversary give-a-way. Please hurry, the drawing will be held on Friday, June 1, 2012.
Blessings,
Mrs.B