Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Chickpea Curry

Aubergine & Chickpea Curry
As a student I use to make a not very good chickpea and spinach curry until D begged me not to again, it was admittedly bland and watery. But looking at the unused tin of chickpeas in my cupboard I'm tempted to give it another shot but this time a bit tastier. I'm very tempted by Aubergine & Chickpea Curry as I often see cheap aubergines but don't know what do with them

Indian Butternut Squash Curry
Another vegetable I rarely eat is butternut squash, or any squash for that matter so this Indian Butternut Squash Curry which also uses chickpeas is very tempting

Chickpeas with Tomatoes & Spinach
Both the aubergine and butternut squash versions require a long cook making them possible good slower cooker recipes but for speed I would got for Chickpeas with Tomatoes & Spinach. It only needs 25 minutes on the hob but is sure to be much nicer then my old student version with fresh ginger, chilli and dried garam masala, turmeric and cumin.


7 comments:

Angela said...

these look great - but I find chickpeas do have an unfortunate effect on my digestive system!

Gill - That British Woman said...

it does look good, I am not a fan of curry though???

Gill in Canada

Jake said...

Hi, dropping by way of Gill - That British Woman's blog where you posted a comment. I'm following you now!!

Mrs Bent said...

Hi Angela & Curry,
I'm sorry I hope to pose so recipes that you'll find more palatble soon but thank you for your lovely comments x

Mrs Bent said...

Hi Jake,
Thank you for visiting and becoming my latest follower I will visiting soon x

mrsnesbitt said...

These recipes sound excellent - I could adapt them for my Slimming World regime by missing out the olive oil. Definitely do one tonight I am quite hungryxx

Anonymous said...

I often see cheap aubergines but don't know what do with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGHs-swAMw

T.